Curry? Um, yes. I really can't ever say no to some tasty-ass curry, and you shouldn't either.
Don't know what to make for dinner? Have veg that's about to go soft? Tired of the same old shit food? Time to make a fucking curry. You can add almost anything to curry in terms of veggies and spices. This recipe turned out to be one of my favorites and all I did was throw some random stuff together.
Makes enough for 2 large dinner portions with some tasty jasmine rice.
What you need:
-2 cups cooked chickpeas (1 drained can)
-3 tomatoes roughly chopped
-1 large carrot cut into small dice
-1/2 red onion, cut into small slices or diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1.5 cups raw cashews
-1 cup frozen peas
-1 TB coconut oil
-2 TB favorite curry power - I'm too lazy to concoct my own
-1/4 to 1/2 tsp sumac (optional but recommended)
-salt and pepper
What you do:
1. Cook rice and set side in to keep warm until plating.
2. Heat your oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Add the carrots and cook 3-4 minutes. Add onions, and cook until transparent, about 6 minutes. Now stir in the minced garlic. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, turn heat down to medium.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pan, along with the spices. I covered my pan for about 10 minutes as the tomato cooked down. Once the tomatoes get soft, remove the lid.
4. Add the cashews and peas, and cook another 5-7 minutes as some of the liquid cooks off and the curry tightens up a bit. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed to fit your own twisted tastes.
5. Serve over the yummy rice and top with some fresh cilantro/coriander.