I have had several friends asking for this recipe lately, so I thought I'd post it here for everyone. I made it last week and it was melt-in-your-mouth goodness. I got the original recipe from Gordon Ramsay's cookbook called Healthy Appetite, and adapted it to my tastes, as I love garlic and onion in pretty much any dish I make. It is an extremely easy and fast recipe to make. I thought for sure that my husband wouldn't really like it, but here it is over a week later and he still mentions it and asks when I'm going to make it again. To make it a more filling meal, I steamed some veg (carrot, peapods, broccoli) and made some fresh garlic toast with some bakery-made Italian bread. I hope you like it as much as we do.
Here's My Recipe:
Click Here to Print This Recipe
- 8 oz. Rigatoni
- 2-3 Small zucchini
- 2-3 Small summer squash
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 TB olive oil
- Small handful of basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 1/4-1/2 cup onion sliced or diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Freshly grated parmesan to taste (close to a 1/2 cup)
- Halve the zucchini and squash lengthwise, then cut into half-moon slices
- Boil rigatoni in salted water to al dente, or your preferred softness.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on med-high and add the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook less than 1 minute.
- Add the onion, zucchini and squash to the oil. Stir to occasionally to keep them cooking evenly, about 4-5 minutes, or until the zucchini and squash are tender.
- Toss the veg, drained pasta, and basil leaves together in the skillet.
- Add the salt, pepper, and parmesan until it tastes good to you.
Try it out and let me know it it turns out!