You can eat your salsa right away, if you want. I let my fresh salsa sit for about 2 hours on my counter while I went out and played putt-putt golf. I lost, if you happened to be wondering. I have madd kitchen skillz, but zero sports skills. It's cool, though. I think the time away let the salsa marinate and get even more flavorful. But, do whatever you want. It's your salsa.
Makes a couple cups. Serves 2.
- 1-2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cooked and cooled black beans
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped small. I hate the squishy insides, so I scooped mine out.
- 1/4 cup slightly heaped diced onion, I used red, though you can't tell it.
- 1 small jalapeno, minced. Seeding it if you want, I didn't.
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a large green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dash of chili powder
- salt to your tastes
- Mix all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust to your liking. You can eat it right away or let it marinate for a bit. Either way, it's crazy yummy.