Serves 3-4 as a side or 2 as a main dish.
What you need:
- 1/2 bag frozen shredded potatoes (you could probably use fresh, but I don't know)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 cremini/baby bella mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- 2 TB coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper
- vegan cheese (optional)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil and let it melt.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and let cook about 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded potatoes and mix around to get the oil on the potatoes. Add in the spices and stir again.
- I cooked mine about 8 minutes, added mushrooms and stirred it up. Cook another 6-8 minutes. The potatoes were just a little browned. If you want them crunchier, cook them longer. Add cheese in the last few minutes of cooking so it will melt, but not burn.