11.4.11- Thank you to everyone who entered! I just drew the winner using random.org random number generator. The winner was Meagan G!! She was entrant #8 in the drawing. Congrats to you, Meagan!! I'll be sending you an email ASAP! Thank you for entering and we hope you love your mOnsta!!
I would like to introduce you dudes and dudettes to my mega-awesome pal, Steph B. She makes incredibly cool, unique, one of a kind mOnstas of all shapes, sizes and types. I kid not, I have never seen two that look alike. On top of being all-around rad, Steph is also super cool with the vegan lifestyle. And, she has a madd cute little kiddo named Olive. What could be more sweet than that? Oh, wait, I know!!! She's going to be giving away 1 mOnsta to a lucky winner. Before we get to the giveaway, though, I'd like you to take a minute to meet, Steph, owner of the rockin Frankenstitch Productions!
|This is my favorite mOnsta (Oona Owl). She's all mine. You can't haz.|
- What is your favorite food?
- My all time favorite food is saag paneer!
- What is your favorite vegan food?
- I love hooked up salads with spinach , grilled tempeh, avocado, chick peas, grape tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers and peppers with a lemon wedge and when the seasons right chopped fresh herbs.
- What is your favorite vegan sweet treat?
- My favorite vegan sweet treat would be Megs pumpkin cookies and the all time stand by would have to be banana with peanut butter.
- When did you start sewing? When did you start sewing mOnstas?
- I started sewing monstas in 2003. I started after a couple years of sewing applique mOnstas on pouches that were 100% hand stitch and never to be duplicated even by me.
|Seriously...how cute is this little bat?|
- Did you start mOnstas on your sewing machine or by hand?
- I started sewing by hand 100% for the first 4 year and very slowly transitioned in to the sewing machine which now I consider to be one of my best friends. When all else fails in the day, she usually seems to do me right, her name is dream boat- cause its nothing but smooth sailing these days.
- Are the mOnstas created with vegan (non-animal) materials?
- All of the mOnstas are created out of fleece, faux fur, thread, poly fil, plastic safety eyes, cotton, some times vinyl accents and love. So yes these products are vegan :)
- What inspired you to make mOnstas?
- Back in the days of Borders Cafe, I used to check out this big 3 inch book entitled 'Animals." I loved it so much it, and it would help me create my version of that particular mOnsta. Back then, I was only stitching them on pouches. My friend, Michael S., from work mentioned making plush to me, and once I started I never quit. It's way better to bring the mOnstas to life in 3D than to look at it 2D. I am hooked with the entire process- from the cutting to the sewing to the stuffing and mending the parts together- you really never know what you're gonna come up with till you stuff it up.
- Which are your favorites to make?
- My favorite plush to make would have to be the OOAK (one of a kind) mOnstas. They take the most time and detail, but in the end it pays off. All of my mOnstas are one of a kind... I have a fear of patterns, maybe I'll kick it someday maybe not. I let the scissors do the work, otherwise it would stress me out. I do this to wind down for the day.
- Do you have a website or Etsy where we can check out your creations?
- I am currently in the works of creating a blog- its nothing to talk about at this point. I sell most of my product locally in Flint via art shows and craft shows. My Flint friends are the reason I never quit doing what I'm doing; they've given me so much love and support!! I sell online at my etsy shop. I also have a facebook page where I announce my upcoming events and newest creations. I post the custom orders here that no one sees on etsy.
- Do you take special requests?
- I do take special requests, If I can see it in my head and I feel confident taking on your challenge I will for sure do it. You can visit either the etsy shop and message me or send me a message on my Frankenstitch Productions page, both of which are posted above.
- What is the biggest creation you ever made?
- The biggest creation I've made was a 5 foot 5 inch monkey named big Tim and a 4 foot Brobee (from Yo Gabba Gabba!) for my daughter who is obsessed. I'd totally have bought one at the store if they weren't non-existant last X mas.
- Tell me your favorite quote about animals, food, or peace.
- Wherever you go, go with all of your heart!- yogi tea
Thank you so much for stopping by, Steph! And thank you so much for the giveaway prize. I'm not telling anyone what they'll get! It'll be more fun to be surprised :)
We are only able to ship to the United States and Canada for this giveaway! So, please don't enter if you don't have an address in either of these countries. The giveaway will end on October 4th at about 11PM eastern time. Just click the link below and fill out the form. Don't fret, I won't sell your info. Be sure to leave me your email address so I can contact you if you win. I'll just use a random number generator to draw the winner. Good luck!!
--> Click Here To Enter!! <--