I am, and will always be, a fan of hashbrowns. This dish is no exception. Dudes, it was awesome. A little spicy, and packed with tastiness. Don't like hashbrowns? We can't be friends anymore. Sorry. I just can't comprehend someone disliking potatoes. It goes against everything I stand for! So, suck it up and tuck into a tasty southwestern breffast. Do it.
Makes enough for 2 as a main.
What I used:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked potato hashbrowns
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 bell pepper
- 2/3 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (I make my own blend)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 TB oil
- 1/4 cup Daiya cheddar (I know the pepperjack would be even better)
- salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil. Saute the onion, pepper and garlic for a few minutes.
- When your onions are almost translucent, add the potatoes. You may need to add a little more oil to keep it from sticking to the pan. Cook, stirring regularly for about 8 minutes. Add in the beans, corn, seasoning and salsa. Mix well. Cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the potatoes start browning.
- Remove from heat and fold in the cheese. Chow down.