Chickpea salad is the shit. You should probably make some. It's insane on crackers. It's killer on toast. Hell, it's great on a spoon. No matter how you eat it, I assure you that you'll dig it. One can of chickpeas makes enough for 2 sandwiches or an entire sleeve of crackers. It will keep for at least 24 hours in the fridge, but I can't imagine that it will even last that long. Be warned: chickpea salad is insanely addictive.
I have made this so many different ways, but the following is my basic version. Add whatever you want: celery, seaweed, whatever. Go forth and create food!
What you need:
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 Tb vegan mayo (I prefer Vegenaise)
- 1 TB mustard
- 1 dill pickle spear, chopped (also good with a spicy dill spear)
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 2-3 TB minced red onion
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce or aminos
- salt and pepper
- pinch of fresh dill (optional)
- 2 TB sunflower seeds (optional)
- Pile everything into your food processor and whir it until it reaches a consistency you dig. Adjust your seasoning and chow down.