Potato Chickpea Curry with Ginger. Need I say more? Nope. Just make it already. It's delicious and inspired by a pal's IG feed. So, yeah, nothing to see here. Move along to the recipe.
Serves 3-4 when accompanied by naan or rice
What I used:
- 3 medium-sized red potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 TB grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Earth Balance
- 4 oz white mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into half-moons
- 3/4 tsp ginger paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 TB Shan chana chaat powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup rice milk just to keep it from drying out.
- To speed up the cooking, (at the suggestion of a friend) I microwaved the potatoes for about 4 minutes, then diced them. This saved SO MUCH TIME. Be careful, they're fucking hot. /disclaimer.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and some salt, and cook until softened. Add in the diced potatoes, garlic, Earth Balance, chickpeas, and chana chaat powder. Stir well and often for about 5 minutes, then add in the milk and the shrooms and stir again. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in the ginger paste. Mix well, then check your salt and pepper levels. Adjust and serve that shit up with some naan, or rice, or both.
- See? Easy peasy. Eat, eat, you're skin and bones.